Free Tax Tips & Strategies
In this episode of Tax Tuesday, enrolled agent (EA) Toni Covey and CPA & Tax Director at Anderson Business Advisors, Jeff Webb, bring tax knowledge to the masses and answer your tax questions LIVE!
- 7:46 – I have three different businesses and plan to add more. How should I pay myself from each one for maximum tax benefits? I’m on payroll and receiving a K-1 for each company, but my tax debt is stacking up. I also try to purchase more property or refinance some of my other ones but, at times, my debt-to-income ratio interferes with the process.
- 15:13 – Do wholesalers of land need to pay self-employment tax?
- 18:55 – To maximize tax benefits as a Realtor, is there a catch to it being your FT business? I have a salaried job that I rarely work more than 20-30 hours a week and do Realtor business, as well. Is there a catch that limits some tax breaks if real estate isn’t considered my main job?
- 27:03 – Could you please review how LLCs can work with 501(c)(3)s to maximize the benefits of both? The LLC being a for-profit and the 501(c)(3) being nonprofit, how can they interface without violating any Tax Codes?
- 34:03 – If I run my RE business from my home, can I deduct a portion of ALL home expenses (i.e., property tax, utilities, insurance, etc.)? Thank you in advance.
- 40:27 – Startup S-corp. has no revenue yet. If I file taxes jointly with my husband, does that raise any concerns?
- 43:20 – What is the best way to pay your children (teenagers) when they work in your business? Payroll? Cash at time of service then year-ending 1090?
- 51:55 – I reimburse myself for my health insurance premiums through my C-corp. My fiancé and I are planning to get married later this year and I will become eligible to get my health insurance through her employer. Is it permissible to reimburse her for my portion of the premiums through that same C-corp.? This is an entity that was set up by Anderson Advisors.
- 53:53 – Can you explain how to invest in stocks from an LLC and how it is beneficial on taxes? What are our write-offs if we are investing in stocks?
- 1:03:58 – Can I use an S-corp. to serve as a management company for my real estate investment if the real estate is held by a WY holding LLC and IL single-member-managed LLC? Are there tax benefits to this strategy?
- 1:12:35 – Is it better to file jointly or separately?
- 1:14:55 – Is it better for a single-member LLC to file taxes as a disregarded entity or as a partnership? Why?
Sign up for Tax Tuesday
Join us every other week for Tax Tuesday, a comprehensive one-hour webinar featuring qualified tax professionals ranging from attorneys, CPAs, EAs, and tax experts.