Free Tax Tips & Strategies
In this episode of Tax Tuesday, tax attorney Toby Mathis, Esq. and CPA & Tax Director at Anderson Business Advisors, Jeff Webb, bring tax knowledge to the masses and answer your tax questions LIVE!
- 10:12 – How can you accelerate a large capital loss carryforward instead of just offsetting from capital gains every year?
- 18:50 – Could you go over when it would make sense for stock/options traders to do the mark-to-market election and can you go through an example?
- 29:11 – Is there any additional tax benefit besides the federal solar tax credit when you install solar panels on a rental property?
- 36:37 – We own shares of a real estate farm syndication that will have K-1 passive income. It will have operating income and no rental income. If we have other real estate K-1 passive losses from rental property, can the K-1 income from the farm investment offset the rental loss from the other property?
- 42:41 – Can I convert my current single-member LLC started in 12/2019 to an S-corp. for 2021 and have the tax benefits for 2021?
- 48:32 – If I start a 501(c)(3), are there syndication deals that my 501(c)(3) can invest into that are geared towards qualifying investments like facilities to care for the sick, veterans, or those with disabilities? Or is it a requirement of the 501(c)(3) to purchase its own complex and turn it into a facility to help a group like veterans or the economically disadvantaged?
- 55:16 – If I have a SM LLC, can I still get reimbursed for costs (i.e., vehicle mileage) or do I need to have an accountable plan in an LLC taxed as an S-corp.?
- 58:10 – Are tuitions for professional learning deductible?
- 1:03:51 – What expenses are you able to write off in your first year of having an LLC? Specifically, expenses associated with establishing your business?
- 1:10:22 – I heard that you can turn your EIDL loan into a PPP loan and get it forgiven if under $150K. Is there a procedure to do that? Can you help us with it?
- 1:15:58 – Can my S-corp. pay me rent for my home office? And if so, is this considered personal income?
As always, take advantage of our free educational content and every other Tuesday we have Toby’s Tax Tuesday, a great educational series. Our Structure Implementation Series answers your questions about how to structure your business entities to protect you and your assets. One of my favorites as well is our Infinity Investing Workshop.
- Claim your FREE Strategy Session
- Join our next Tax & Asset Protection event to learn more advanced tax minimization & entity structuring strategies
- For all things investing, check out the Infinity Investing YouTube channel
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure you never miss the latest strategies & updates