What are things that you absolutely want to make sure to avoid like the plague when it comes to estate planning? Absolutely avoid doing nothing. You should have a plan in place.
Today, Toby Mathis of Anderson Business Advisors talks about major mistakes to avoid and choices to make when estate planning and ensuring your legacy. The most important thing is to have the opportunity to put things in place and affect lives for decades, if not centuries, after you’re gone.
- Mistake #1: Doing nothing.
- Mistake #2: Thinking that you’re going to live forever.
- Three Choices: Do a simple will, living trust, or go through the probate process.
- Mistake #3: Documenting things, but not actually updating them..
- Mistake #4: Focusing only on your own mortality, not everything else you have to offer.
Full Episode Transcript:
Hey, this is Toby Mathis. I’m an attorney with Anderson’s Law Group and Business Advisors. Today we’re going to be talking about major mistakes to avoid when estate planning. Things that you absolutely want to make sure that you avoid like the plague because we’ve seen some pretty nasty situations.... Read Full Transcript